What is Serenity?
By David Joel Miller.
How would you know serenity if you found it?
Serenity: Clearness, calmness, quietness, stillness, peace.
From The Century Dictionary, 1890-91
Additional posts on feelings and emotions. More on other topics are listed in the categories list to the right.
- Success does not cure low self-esteem (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Why the B student is happier – good enough is often better (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Driving the recovery bus – the role of self-motivation in recovery (counselorssoapbox.com)
- What is a blog? Why are you writing a blog? (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Why your diagnosis does not fit (counselorssoapbox.com)
- 4 Reasons counselors don’t say they like you (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Will therapy work even if you don’t believe in it? (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Are you a Parentified Child? (counselorssoapbox.com)
Staying connected with David Joel Miller
Two David Joel Miller Books are available now!
You can recover. Your cruising along the road of life and then wham, something knocks you in the ditch. If you have gone through a divorce, break up, or lost a job your life may have gotten off track. Bumps on the Road of Life is the story of how people get off track and how to get your life out of the ditch.
Casino Robbery is a novel that explores the world of a man with PTSD who must cope with his symptoms to solve a mystery and create a new life.
Other books are due out soon; please visit my Amazon Author Page – David Joel Miller
Want the latest blog posts as they publish? Subscribe to this blog.
Want the latest on my writing projects, speaking and teaching, along with comments on recent news in the field of counseling – sign up for my newsletter at – Newsletter. I promise not to share your email or to send you spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
For more about David Joel Miller and my work in the areas of mental health, substance abuse and Co-occurring disorders see the about the author page or my Facebook author’s page, David Joel Miller. A list of books I have read and can recommend is over at Recommended Books. If you are in the Fresno California area, information about my private practice is at counselorfresno.com.