By David Joel Miller, MS, Licensed Therapist & Licensed Counselor.
What is Serenity?
How would you know serenity if you found it?
Serenity: Clearness, calmness, quietness, stillness, peace.
From The Century Dictionary, 1890-91
Additional posts on feelings and emotions. More on other topics are listed in the categories list to the right.
- Success does not cure low self-esteem (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Why the B student is happier – good enough is often better (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Driving the recovery bus – the role of self-motivation in recovery (counselorssoapbox.com)
- What is a blog? Why are you writing a blog? (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Why your diagnosis does not fit (counselorssoapbox.com)
- 4 Reasons counselors don’t say they like you (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Will therapy work even if you don’t believe in it? (counselorssoapbox.com)
- Are you a Parentified Child? (counselorssoapbox.com)
Staying connected with David Joel Miller
Two David Joel Miller Books are available now!
Bumps on the Road of Life. Whether you struggle with anxiety, depression, low motivation, or addiction, you can recover. Bumps on the Road of Life is the story of how people get off track and how to get your life out of the ditch.
Casino Robbery is a novel about a man with PTSD who must cope with his symptoms to solve a mystery and create a new life.
For these and my upcoming books; please visit my Amazon Author Page – David Joel Miller
Want the latest blog posts as they publish? Subscribe to this blog.
Want the latest on news from recoveryland, the field of counseling, my writing projects, speaking and teaching? Please sign up for my newsletter at – Newsletter. I promise not to share your email or to send you spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
For more about David Joel Miller and my work in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, and Co-occurring disorders see my Facebook author’s page, davidjoelmillerwriter. A list of books I have read and can recommend is over at Recommended Books. If you are in the Fresno California area, information about my private practice is at counselorfresno.com.